28/01/2013

When the Localities Project met the BBC...

So excited to share with you something that occurred last week. It's so surreal I still can't really believe it happened! Better tell you the story from the beginning. 
You obviously know about the current photography project I've been doing for the last few months (and if you don't, you must be new to my blog - hello!) to do with the community of Grangetown, in Cardiff. We were very lucky to have a lot of local coverage, with our images being posted on the Grangetown Community website, as well as in the Echo (Cardiff's local newspaper). 

As you all know, our launch night was last week, and as sad as I was to see this project come to an end, I was looking forward to working on something new, and enjoying my much needed week off. So, you can imagine my surprise when I received a lovely email from Gemma at BBC Wales, saying how much she admired our project, and, I kid you not, would we mind if she put some of the images on the BBC Wales News website! 

Of course I said we didn't mind. 
Below is the result!


Top picture - Us as the top story on the Cardiff homepage!
Bottom picture - Us on the Wales News homepage 




My portrait of Zahra on the BBC (and looking beautiful too)

Isn't that the craziest thing? See the whole gallery here.

Now, as long as no more surprises happen, I do think that is all for the Localities project. I cannot express how thankful I am for all the support, publicity and general encouragement we've received during this time. It has been so appreciated by all of my group, as well as myself. 

As they say, out with the old and in with the new... This morning we received our new brief, and it looks like it's going to be a good'un. Watch this space!

1 comment: