09/01/2013

Exciting News...

I can finally tell you about the work I've been doing! I've wanted to share this with you for so long, but because of small details still having to be finalised, I could not... Until today! 

Also, a quick note to say sorry I've been MIA this week, between organising a last minute exhibition, writing an essay and being very ill, I haven't had time to sit and chat to you. Hope this post makes up for it!

Presenting... (Drum Roll Please!)


LOCALITIES

Grangetown, one of the largest districts in the south of Cardiff, is a diverse area with many different and ever-changing views on its 'community'.
Localities is a project from seven documentary photography students from University of Wales,Newport, who spent three months immersed in different areas of Grangetown to try and find what community means from the people themselves.

Come along to view a variety of work with free publication alongside refreshments!! 

Lyndon Social Club & Institute

109 Clare Road
Grangetown
Cardiff
South Glamorgan
CF11 6QR

A Sneak Peek at some of our work can be viewed here:



Whey! Exciting eh? So have a little look at the website to whet your appetite, and I'll give you a run down of the exhibition next week! We still have a lot of details to sort out (the publication is being printed as I type!) but we are so looking forward to putting our work back out into the community. Over the next few days, I'll put up some images from my contribution to the project, and introduce you to the people in them. 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment